Saturday, December 27, 2008

Top 10 Football Movies

During this Christmas break, I had the pleasure of alot of down-time, due to the fact that I don't celebrate the holiday. Sleeping was big, the House marathon on USA took up alot of my time, and I went to go see the movie Milk. Along with those activities, the movie The Replacements seemed to be on HBO in endless amounts for that 2 day span. That got me thinking, is The Replacements among the best football movies every created?

My Top 10 Football Movies
1. Any Given Sunday
2. Remember the Titans
3. Rudy
4. The Longest Yard (Original)
5. Friday Night Lights
6. Varsity Blues
7. The Program
8. Invincible
9. The Longest Yard (Remake)
10. Jerry Maguire

Honorable Mention: We Are Marshall


2 comments:

Josh said...

CIZZZ! im suprised at you. the re-make of the longest yard over Jerry Maguire? if you eliminate the longest yard remake, move jerry maguire to about 5, invincible to 6,and bump everything else back one, putting we are marshall in at 10, i agree. any given sunday's gotta be #1

Alex said...

Jerry Maguire is a great movie, but the reason it is lower is because the focal point of the movie is about sports agents, not football itself. With that said, football still plays a central role in the movie, which is why it makes the top 10, but I can't put it over movies like Invincible (Philadelphia), and Varsity Blues.