Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My top 10 best soundbites

Sorry readers, I've been pretty busy as of late. In fact, I'm still pretty busy, so this is why this entry is going to be short. Since media day of the Super Bowl has come and gone, it made me think of some of the memorable interviews in sports history. What makes these interviews memorable is that one soundbite that is etched into the minds of people when they think of the interview. So, with that said,  here is my top 10 list, comment if you disagree.

1. Indianapolis Colts Coach Jim Mora's "Playoffs!" speech
2. Arizona Cardinals Coach Dennis Green's "They are who they thought they were" rant
3. Philadelphia 76ers Guard Allen Iverson's "Practice" speech
4. Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow's "Soldier" declaration
5. New York Jets Coach Herm Edwards's "You play to win the game" speech
6. San Diego Chargers QB Ryan Leaf's "Knock it off!" tirade
7.  Oklahoma St. Football Head Coach Mike Gundy's "I'm a man, I'm 40" speech 
8. ESPN show-host Jim Rome and EX-NFL QB Jim Everett brawl on live TV show over "Chris Everett" name calling
9. San Francisco 49ers Head Coach Mike Singletary's "Can not play with them, Can not Win with them, Can not coach with them" rant
10. Indiana Men's Basketball Coach Bobby Knight's "game-face" parody at a post-game news conference

No comments: